Individual Spiritual Direction
Few people have a safe place where they can take off all their masks and explore who they are becoming. Growing into your next self can be a lonely if not scary path to find your way alone, especially if you’re already overwhelmed and tired. Having a guide to listen to your soul with you can make all the difference, someone with a deep heart, wise ear, and personal experience with rough trails.
As a trained spiritual director, I guide women and men to listen for the voice of the Divine (however understood) as well as their own. A spiritual director walks with you in your best and worst seasons, and can guide you towards reflective decision-making. In these sacred conversations you are helped to let your life speak, to go toward what fills you with gratitude, purpose and strength, and to gently shed what no longer fits who you are becoming.
When might spiritual direction be helpful? Any time you want support to deepen your spirituality, and especially to bring a sacred lens:
- Before, during, and after transitions like career, family, relationship, or location shifts.
- When needing to make important decisions, and follow through.
- When you feel burned out, a bit lost, wanting a change but unsure what that is.
- Seasons of grief or loss.
- When you wonder how God is moving in your life.
- For greater self-understanding, compassion, and clarity.
I particularly enjoy working with anyone starting a new chapter, helping women strengthen their voice, and anyone deepening their leadership. Areas of expertise that I bring to my clients include:
- Depression and grief work.
- Integrating the physical and spiritual: the body, nature, a significant location.
- Ancient and current contemplative practice.
- Creating personal rituals to support healing, calm presence, celebration, and growth.
Spiritual direction is typically practiced one-on-one (in person or online), and is completely confidential. While therapy or coaching is more goal-oriented or focused on resolving a problem, spiritual direction brings a wide gentle lens on how God is moving in all of life.
Sessions are 60-90 minutes and usually monthly. Cost: $45-60/session.
Group Spiritual Direction
Another form of spiritual direction is in facilitated groups of 3-6 people. Typically one person shares a part of their journey while the others listen for the Sacred, then offer back a gentle question or observation. Turns are taken so that everyone both receives and offers direction. I was part of an ongoing group for over nine years– and discovered it is quite different from individual direction. I enjoy facilitating group direction, which allows participants to be more present to themselves and others. I can also train a direction group to self-facilitate on their own.
Sessions are 2-4 hours, monthly or bi-monthly.
$15/session per person to facilitate. Facilitation training is negotiable.
Contact me today to start.